My friend, writing mentor, and marketing Sensei has a new book out. Have you ever wished to write a novel? Well my friend, the answer to your heart's calling is here - Randy's Writing Fiction for Dummies has just released. Purchase the book through Randy's Amazon Click-through button and you'll receive a ton of extra goodies from Randy, but you only have till mid-night Wednesday, Dec 9 (so hurry!).
If you already know this to be a good thing (and it is!) and you just want to get there to buy the book, I ask that you go through Randy's Amazon Click-through button. Click here for that page, scroll most of the way down the page to where it says, "HOW DO YOU GET THESE GOODIES"?
Here's Randy to tell us more (this is taken directly from his blog post--and he's promised not to sue me on copyright, LOL. See what a great guy he is!):
My new book Writing Fiction For Dummies is now available just about everywhere. I began talking to my publisher months ago about doing a “book rush” for the book. A “book rush” is a selected period of time when we offer some special goodies to buyers.
My publisher chose December 7 to 9, 2009 for our “book rush.”
If you buy Writing Fiction For Dummies by Wednesday night, Dec. 9, at midnight PST, we’ve got a great selection of goodies for you. (Even if you already bought the book, you can still get in on this special deal.)
Here are some of the things you get during the “book rush”:
- A 50% discount on all electronic downloadable products in my online store. (Including my new Snowflake Pro software and my popular lecture series Fiction 101 and Fiction 201.
- A brand-new lecture on Strategic Self-Editing that I’ve just created. It’s an 80-minute talk designed to teach you strategic principles of editing your novel, so that you can edit your work better and faster. Lots of books and teachers will give you the principles of TACTICAL editing. Tactical editing is great, but I wanted to try teaching something that I hadn’t seen taught before, so I chose STRATEGIC editing.
- A 20-minute audio talk on Time Management for Writers by my coauthor, Peter Economy, a best-selling author and publishing consultant who’s written about a dozen “Dummies” books.
- A 25-page excerpt from James Scott Bell’s new book, The Art of War for Writers.
- A 16-page excerpt from Brandilyn Collins’ excellent book, Getting Into Character.
- A 55-minute audio talk on Characters, Emotions, and the Senses, by award-winning novelist Gail Gaymer Martin, whose books have sold over 3 million copies.
- A tip sheet for romance writers by Leslie Wainger, author of Writing a Romance Novel for Dummies.
- A tip sheet and 20-minute audio talk on selling eBooks by Paul and Sarah Edwards, authors of Marketing for Introverts.
- A 7-minute introductory video on proofreading techniques and a pack of sample proofreading files by Sue Gilad, author of Copyediting and Proofreading for Dummies.